1. Support
  2. Tax Registration

Why do I need a VAT ID and not just a “regular” tax ID?

The sales tax identification number (VATIN or USt-ID) is a separate number that can be requested by a business operator in addition to their own personal tax number (or tax ID). The VATIN/USt-ID identifies each company in the EU and is necessary for doing business with other EU companies (outside of Germany).